Saturday, January 27, 2018

Yummy Dry Adobo Recipe

Dry Adobo
I rarely cook.  The only times I cook is when I taste something I really, really like and find out that the recipe has 8 (or less) ingredients and it's easy to cook.  😂   

But I realized that I never write down the recipes with my adjusted measurements (to suit my taste) and thus, my first attempt usually becomes the last attempt coz I don't know how to replicate it anymore. 🙈

So as an improvement, I will start writing down recipes. 😁

For this adobo recipe, I followed the original recipe of a colleague on my first attempt.
On my second attempt, I (1) made adjustments on the ratio of vinegar and soy sauce, (2) removed salt since soy sauce contains salt already, and (3) increased garlic and onion.

*****

Yummy Dry Adobo

Serves: 4 (I only cook for myself so this number is just a guess. But I think 1 kilo of meat is good for 4. Next time, I could re-adjust the measurements so serving is just for me. 😂  )

Cooking Time:  1.5 hours (This is the time it took me to cook this but it may vary depending on your burner type and heat setting.)

Ingredients:

1/2 kilo pork liempo
1/2 kilo chicken
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 whole garlics, crushed
1 whole onion, chopped 

Directions:
1. Season the meat with ground pepper and put them in the pot.
2. Pour the vinegar and soy sauce.
3. When it starts to boil, put the garlic and onions.
4. Let it boil until the sauce is almost dry and what's left is the natural oil from the meat. 

******

Btw, here's a disclaimer when I say it's "yummy" - it means it's yummy for me but I'm not sure if it's going to be yummy for you. 🙈  😂    Just make sure to make your own adjustments e.g. if you want it more salty, more sour, etc.