Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Kids are the funniest and most adorable

Photo by mentatdgt from Pexels
Kids (for me) are the best source of laughter.  They give answers that would at times leave you entertained, in awe, wondering or at other times, even stunned.

I recently had a catch up dinner with a friend and I asked her how are the kids coz the last time we met, the muscles on my cheeks ached from so much laughter.  Like there was a time when her son (who is my godson) had a quiz in science and they were asked to draw some terms. One term was "burol" which is the Filipino term for a hill.  Because her son isn't too familiar with deep Filipino words and a few months back then, they went to a relative's wake, you know what her son drew on his science test paper?  A coffin surrounded by funeral flowers.๐Ÿ˜‚ 

This time, one of her funny anecdotes was about her daughter.  One evening they were watching a tv show and the character in the show blurted out something like "I don't have sex".   They got shocked coz their two kids were in the room.  What was more shocking was that their 6-year old daughter started laughing and said "She doesn't have sex. Hahaha..."  Uh-oh.  My friend and her husband looked at each - they didn't know how to react or what to say!  Then her daughter continued -  She doesn't have sex.  Hahaha... She doesn't know if she is a boy or a girl!"  Whew!  ๐Ÿ˜… That was the only time they were able to breathe a sigh of relief.

Another recent fascinating anecdote about kids is from my childhood bff who is based in the US.  One day after communion, her 6-year old son approached her who looked like he was about to cry.  She asked him what's the matter and he answered,  "I want to go back to the Philippines".   When they got out of the church, my friend ask her son if he were to choose between an iPad (since earlier in the week he was crying because his tablet is about to conk out) versus visiting the Philippines, what would he pick?  Her son answered both but my friend told him that he could only choose one and you know what he chose?  A trip to the Philippines.  Awww.... ๐Ÿ˜ข  Most kids would choose an iPad (or material thing) hands down so it's heart-melting to hear such a story from someone so young.

When I went to visit my bff during Thanksgiving week, I helped her kids write their letters to Santa.
His son wrote his wishlist on top of the sheet of paper.
Christmas List
1. Ipad
2. Penguin
3. Headphones 
4. Beyblade

Then I told him - You can write a short message to Santa below your wishlist.  You can start with Dear SantaThen do you want to tell Santa if you have been a good boy this year? You can write that too - I have been a good boy.  

Then out of curiosity and also to manage his expectations in case Santa can't give all four items, I asked him - In case Santa can give you only 2 gifts from your list, which 2 items do you want Santa to give you?  He thought for a moment and replied - an iPad and headphones .... <long pause> and penguin and beyblade.  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I told him - Just think about it coz we're not sure if Santa can give all four gifts.
 
Then I continued - The last part of your letter can be something like "I hope you <blank> " - just tell Santa what else you want to say to him.  

I ate first and left him alone to finish his letter.   When I noticed he left the dining table, I checked his letter.  You know what he wrote as a last sentence to his letter to Santa?
I hope you will give me all the gifts. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚