Sunday, October 25, 2015

Truth or Fib?

I love to play boardgames and card games with my pamangkins.  For this weekend, I brought home a game called “Truth or Fib”.

What happens is during your turn, you are asked a question. You throw a die if you’re going to answer the question truthfully or make up a story (no one sees the die except you since it's inside a canister).  After you give your answer, the other players would guess and bet if what you answered was truth or fib. If the players guessed correctly, they double whatever chips they’ve bet. If they guessed wrongly, they lose the chips. Whoever earns 21 worth of chips first is declared the winner.




Here's a sample question - the first question I picked for a niece –

Tell me about something that happened during a rainy day.

My niece thought carefully and answered –

One rainy day, I was with Ate .... and while walking in the rain..... uhmmm.... we saw a rain monster!

Hahahaha….. Fib!!!  This game should be easy I thought. 


So I coached my niece that when she tells a fib, the situation should be at least plausible.

Later on in the game, here’s another question I picked for her –

Tell me about an event that made you extremely happy.

She goes –

There was a parents’ meeting in school and the teachers said that the class with the most number of parents who would attend the meeting will win, and the prize is hamburgers for everyone. Our class won and we’ll get our hamburgers on Nov. 3. <big grin>

There’s no doubt, she’s telling the truth. It’s very detailed! Plus, I know she loves food!  And she has a big grin on her face!

So I placed the maximum number of  chips allowed and bet on Truth, while my other niece (her older sister) placed her bet on Fib.

Her answer? Fib!

How can that be a Fib I argued?!

Then she goes – well, it’s true that our class won and we’ll get hamburgers as prizes.

So how can you NOT be happy if you won and you’ll get free hamburgers?! I asked.

Then she answered – I’m happy that we won, but not extremely happy because 
we’ll only get the hamburgers on Nov 3!

Hahahahaha…..

I lost 3 out of 3 games.  And I thought the game was pretty easy. Wahahaha....