Monday, May 7, 2012

Playing Wits & Wagers

During an outing, we playedWits & Wagers a game called Wits & Wagers.  At first, I didn’t want to play because the game revolves around questions which have numeric answers like fun facts about animals and objects, statistics from studies and news articles, pop culture, etc.  For example, how many concert tours did Britney Spears have from 1995 to 2005? How many watch The Wizards of Waverly Place?  No idea. Haha… 
 
But the gameboard owner said it’s ok to guess.  If no one gets the correct answer, the one with the closest answer earns points.  And if you’re not sure about your answers, you can also bet on the other players’ answers.  Cool.  All you need to do is see who’s the most confident with their answers and bet on them.  Haha… 

Sharing with you some of the questions which were asked during our Wits and Wagers’ game.  Though I’m poor when it comes to remembering numbers, the answers stuck in my mind (except the one on Britney Spears’ concert tours.  Haha…).  

Up to how many miles can you hear the roar of a lion?  5 miles (approximately, 8 kilometers. Whoa…)

How many tires does a Boeing 747 have?  16 tires

How many legs does a spider have? 8 legs

How many minutes is the recommended daily exercise duration by the American Heart Association?  30 minutes

What’s the minimum number of states you need to cross to get from Atlantic to Pacific?  6 states

What’s the average number of pages of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books?  224  pages

Ok, among all the questions, I’m proudest on my Wimpy Kid answer.  Two teams guessed 50, 1 team guessed 80 and another team 100 pages.  My team mate trusted me to guess this one because I read all the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books! Haha… My guess was 220 pages – just 4 pages off the answer!  Not bad at all. 

And guess what?  My team mate and I won not because  we got most of the answers correct but because we successfully betted  on opponents whom we thought knew the right answers. Haha…