Sunday, July 26, 2009

Children's Letters to God

I finished reading a novel last night (earlier than I thought and wasn't sleepy yet) and since I didn't have a new book to read, I dug into my treasure chest (a wooden trunk filled with books!). I picked a book entitled "Children's Letters to God" which I remember was a gift from long time ago (but couldn't quite recall who gave it).

I flipped through the pages and the letters were just so amusing. Here are some of them:

Dear God, I like the Lord's prayer best of all. Did you have to write it a lot or did you get it right the first time? I have to write everything I ever write over again. -Lois

Dear God, I bet it is very hard for you to love all of everybody in the whole world. There are only 4 people in our family and I can never do it. -Nan

Dear God, If you let the dinasor (dinosaur) not exstinct (extinct) we would not have a country. You did the right thing. -Jonathan


Dear God, I do not think anybody could be a better God. Well I just want you to know but I am not just saying that because you are God. -Charles

Dear God, I didn't think orange went with purple until I saw the sunset you made on Tues. That was cool. -Eugene


And here's a funny thing when I reached the last page of the book. I saw a card from a friend (so now now I know who gave me the book!). The card wasn't dated but my friend had a drawing which she signed with a '98 (1998). There were 2 reasons she said why she gave me the book. The first one is because the bookstore was the only place she goes to when she has the chance to go out! Haha... And the other one is it's a way of reminding ourselves that inspite of being grown-ups, we're still kids at heart, depending on Him to give us answers on life's bigger questions.


My thought bubbles:

Wow, eleven years have passed and the bookstore remains to be our favorite place.

We're eleven years older, er wiser, but nothing seems to have changed. Still kids at heart but with occasional memory lapses! Haha...

I wonder though what were (our) life's bigger questions 11 yrs ago...

Lastly, I bet my friend doesn't even remember giving me the book! Haha...